16.9.10

something japanese III: haruki murakami quotes



"Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting."


"In this world, there are things you can only do alone, and things you can only do with somebody else.
It's important to combine the two in just the right amount."


“I am 55 years old now. It takes three years to write one book.
I don't know how many books I will be able to write before I die.
It is like a countdown. So with each book I am praying - please let me live until I am finished.”


"I'm not so weird to me."


"Among the many values in life, I appreciate freedom most."


"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
from What I Talk About When I Talk About Running


"Sometimes I get real lonely sleeping with you."
from A Wild Sheep Chase


"Memories are what warm you up from the inside. But they're also what tear you apart."
from Kafka on the Shore


"Why do people have to be this lonely? What's the point of it all?
Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves.
Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?"
from Sputnik Sweetheart






left image: after dark japanese edition via hello.ken1
middle image: murakami image
left image: firefly barn burning and other stories thai edition by mettomot

No comments: