15.9.09

My new handmade blouse and some thoughts



After reading Jenny (wiksten-made) making herself a blouse
to be the same design as “Sunshine and shadow”.
I decided to try my own version too.
Although there’s a lot of comments whether or not to do this.
I admitted that I couldn’t stop myself from wanting to make this blouse since it looks so easy.
And I convinced myself that it's ok because it’s just a sleeveless blouse like another blouses
but with just a pocket and a round hem like a man shirt.
But I think (again) that it’s not like another blouses
because of these details and this is what we called the “design”.



And then I came out with this conclusion.....
......I made a striped blouse that I used horizontal stripes for the pocket
to be contrast to the vertical stripes of the main part.
At the two corners of the hem I added the tiny pieces of horizontal striped details again.
I wanted to play with patterns not about the silhouette.
I tried to think that I was inspired by Sunshine and shadow blouse
but twisted it into my own version. Hope this help.

Sometimes life is too complicated...don't you think?



No comments: