7.9.09

Hotel review: “Chiang Mai, Tamarind Village”



Tamarind Village was designed by my favorite Thai renowned architect: Ong-ard Satrabhandu.
I’ve been looking forward to stay here for such a long time since its open in 2002.
This place is quite famous for referring to his early hotel design in Chiang Mai;
while the latest one is "rachamankha" which I think he made it much better
in every thoughts of his design.
And many people in my field agree that he corrected his mistakes
that he made for Tamarind Village and improved these into Rachamankha.
But the thing is Rachamankha not welcome children under 12 and Magga is only 3
maybe I have to wait for another 9 years.
So I chose to stay at “Tamarind Village” which is also a good place to stay
and after I went to have a look at Rachamakha,
I think Tamarind is more welcome atmosphere and cozier to stay for guest with children
so I understand why Rachamankha not allowed children to stay in their place.
But to be honest I don’t want to compare them because they were designed for different reasons
and I love and have a respect for both of designs.
Have a look for Tamarind Village if you looking for a unique hotel in Chiang Mai.




Tamarind Village site

No comments: