2.9.09

My favorite material



Nothing makes you feel like timber that’s why I love it.
It's one of a few things that ages beutifully, other than that is stone, leather, concrete as I can think of.
But to be concerned with the eco-friendly issue, I’m trying not to use timber in my work
except that it has to be from the recycled sources.
This table is made from old teak. It once was a teak floor in an old house for more than 60 years.
Before it has been polished, it's difficult to belived that it would turn out to be this beautiful material.
It's been given to a new life and turn to be a 3.50 x 1.00 meters dining table and 12 dining chairs.
Old timber is reliable for not being stretchy and giving a lighter color.
The thing is some people don’t want to use old timber if they're kind of superstitious.
In my opinion if you do something with your good heart what kind of evil would haunt you.
I recommend my favorite carpenter who works for me.
Her shop is called Raan Mai located around New Rama9 Road.
Contact Khun Areeya (023692198).
She sells old timber and old teak furniture for a reasonable price.
This table cost around 40,000 Baht (1,000 USD)



No comments: