27.8.09

Lou Doillon



Lou Doillon
French actress, model, musician, and designer.
The daughter of actress Jane Birkin and director Jacques Doillon,
and sister to chanteuse Charlotte Gainsbourg.


I was the hippy teenager. At that moment I would have spat on a girl
who was buying Yves Saint Laurent.
I always laugh today thinking if I ran into myself when I was 15, the other one would slap me.
I sold my soul to the devil.........................................................................

I don't like what my mother was wearing. She was only wearing jeans and T-shirts
when I was born because it was in the ’80s.
I didn’t know the fashionable Jane Birkin in the ’70s...............................................

I was a daughter of a bourgeoisie family, and was kind of ashamed of it
I guess when I was a teenager.
I had dreadlocks and pretended I had no money................................................................

I guess I always wanted to move more than be sexy.
I always wanted to look like a little animal that you wanted to take home
more than the super beautiful girl who’s not moving.
It’s not about impressing people, it’s about moving them.........................................................

I always found my mother extremely moving because she had no boobs.
The girl who has the perfect body, like Betty Paige,
freaks me out............................................................................

I get a bit angry when I talk about history for four hours, and people say,
“Oh we didn’t know you read books.”
I wanna say, “Fuck what did you think?!” ..............................................................

Nylon Magazine ,March 17, 2008.





Read more here

No comments: